Apart from the blurb on my profile? (“ Romanian-Canadian polyglot, Zumba instructor, jewelry maker, occasional translator, mother, humanitarian, former PM in IT… Ah, and I write. @allwordscanada”) Huh.
- I grew up in communist Romania, wearing hand-me-downs from a boy-cousin.
- I tend to attribute my passionate loving nature, hotheadedness, and ability to curse those who severely wrong me to my gypsy origins. The curses I’ve distributed came true, however we label them as karma these days.
- I’ve made a man fall from a tree, another hang from scaffolds up high and one little girl (may have been a boy — I was a child too) not be hit by a truck. All with the power of my thoughts.
- The giant window falling from up high in my story Chance did shatter at my feet, only that I remained completely unscathed and a 24 wheeler with the words “IN GOD WE TRUST” written on it passed by. Which was mostly uncommon because trucks were not allowed to travel through the city during daytime.
- I used to hug trees, kiss them and talk to them.
- I’m a certificate junkie. I should have around fifty, maybe way more? Two added last weekend.
- I’m excited to teach Strong by Zumba soon, not only Zumba. https://strong.zumba.com/en-US
- I was in the position to translate the Prime Minister’s speech ad hoc and hand-write it for him to read at a global convention.
- I worked for WHO.
- I went to creative writing classes from a very early age, earning my “pionier creator” (creative pioneer) status and being allowed to go to these classes instead of manual work — such a wonderful childhood achievement that only a kid growing up in communist times would understand…
tagging A Maguire, Elisabeth Moore🌹, Alya, Ray Harvey, Thomas Gaudex, Annie Caldwell, Bart Elbey, Brenda Birenbaum, Christopher Iacono, Colleen Slattery Maloney, Cynthia Griffin, Cyra Wilde, DiAmaya Dawn, Elise Edmonds, Hannah Whiteoak, Inge Moore, Kevin Saitta, Lise Colas, Lumen Ros, Moses in the Wild, Rene Salinas, anna breslin, Stephen M. Tomic, S Lynn Knight ~ 🇺🇸🏳️🌈 Indira Reddy, Mary Holden, Edd Jennings, Jeff Suwak, Jef Littlejohn, Tracy Aston, Valerie Hilal, Daphelba DeBeauvoir, Terijo, Zarina Dara 🥀💃🏻, Ecem Yucel, E. Scott Alighieri — apologies for losing patience and not inviting so many more whose writing I love and appreciate here on Medium
If you enjoyed this, please check out more of my writing:
I may have been five, five and a half when I wrapped my brother in his diapers. My mother thinks he stopped using them…
Copyright © 2018 by Georgiana Petec. All rights reserved.